Best SUNSCREENS FOR KIDS AND BABIES IN 2022
Sure, they don’t like it… but it’s a must-have!
You know you’re a parent when the laborious process of putting on sunscreen becomes the bane of your existence, especially in the summer months. Kids love playing outside, but what they don’t love is standing still long enough to have greasy, sticky, smelly sunscreen slathered on all over their tiny bodies. If your child acts like applying sunscreen is equivalent to torture, you’re not alone. The whining and meltdowns are enough to drive parents crazy – because honestly, you don’t like putting on sunscreen, either. It’s messy, it’s inconvenient, and the harsh chemicals found in many sunscreens dry out and irritate the skin.
Due to the risks of sunburn and skin cancer, though, you know you can’t let your little one go without sun protection. It’s time to find a better sunscreen, one that won’t feel so unpleasant but will keep your kids safe.
How do I choose the right sunscreen?
As we narrowed down thousands of sun care products designed for babies and children to identify the top 10 best kids sunscreens, we had a lot to think about. The number-one ranking factor we considered was the quality of sun protection. After all, if your sunscreen isn’t protecting you, what’s the point in wearing it? Every sunscreen on our list is considered broad-spectrum, meaning that it blocks both types of dangerous ultraviolet rays, UVA and UVB.
Consider SPF level…
We also considered SPF levels. SPF, which stands for Sun Protection Factor, is a well-known but widely misunderstood numerical representation of a sunscreen’s effectiveness at blocking UV rays. Although a higher SPF is beneficial to a point, the ideal SPF is in the range of 30 to 50 – even among people who burn easily, according to the Environmental Working Group. Beyond SPF 50, the benefits you get from a higher SPF sunscreen are insignificant. Worse, when you believe your 100 SPF sunscreen will protect you twice as well – and for twice as long – as a 50 SPF sunscreen, you’re likely to be less vigilant about reapplying and end up getting burned.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/customer/www/eltamdsunscreen.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/rehub-theme/shortcodes/shortcodes.php on line 1488
More details +
WHAT WE LOVE:
- Uses a combination of physical and chemical active ingredients to block harmful ultraviolet light using different mechanisms.
- Broad-spectrum coverage means the sunscreen filters out both UVA and UVB rays, which are both dangerous.
- The SPF number of 50+ exceeds the Skin Cancer Foundation’s recommendations of at least 15 SPF for daily use and 30 SPF for a day spent outdoors.
- The sunscreen is water-resistant for up to 80 minutes, which puts it in the highest category of water resistance recognized by the FDA.
- The gentle, tear-free formula won’t hurt children’s eyes if accidental contact occurs during application.
- Thanks to a non-allergenic formula made with certified organic ingredients and the company’s special NeoNourish Seed Oil Blend, Babyganics is gentle enough to use even on sensitive skin.
- The sunscreen is free of irritating parabens, phthalates, fragrances, nanoparticles and PABA.
- Tested and recommended by pediatricians and dermatologists, this is a sunscreen choice parents can feel good about.
- Many purchasers report that the whole family, not only babies or even children, use this sunscreen because it is gentle and effective.
- Recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation.
- This thinkbaby sunscreen is among the most modestly-priced products on our list, especially when you opt for a two-pack of the large 6-oz. bottles – but unlike most of these other sunscreens, it’s not a fully mineral-based option.