The 6 Best body moisturizers our team has tested
- It’s typical to prioritize facial moisturizers, but body creams are just as important.
- A good body moisturizer will replenish, soothe, and protect your skin without being too sticky.
- The Kiehl’s Crème de Corps is our favorite — a rich cream that will instantly give you soft skin.
Many of us neglect our skin from the neck down but moisturizing our limbs is equally as important — especially when you get out of the shower. As your skin dries, the water evaporates off the top layer, which can sap moisture from your epidermis. Smoothing on moisturizer keeps your skin feeling soft and hydrated instead of tight and itchy. This is doubly true for folks with skin ailments like eczema and psoriasis. Proper hydration can help you avoid painful flare-ups, making a body moisturizer a must-have in your beauty arsenal.
There are all sorts of body moisturizers out there — from balms to creams to lotions — and the one you choose depends on your skin type and preference. To save you time and effort finding the right one for you, we’ve rounded up the best ones, some with self-tanning properties and others boasting antioxidants for skin-boosting benefits. If you have a specific skin condition, however, it’s a good idea to check in with your dermatologist before starting any new project regimen, just to make there won’t be any adverse effects.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/customer/www/eltamdsunscreen.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/rehub-theme/shortcodes/shortcodes.php on line 1488
More details +
- Affordable, gradual and natural color, bearable smell for a self-tanner
- Only comes in two shades
- Formulated with vitamins A, C, and E; fast-absorbing, paraben-free
- May be greasy if much product is used
- Fast-absorbing, hydrating, delicious smell, antioxidant-packed ingredients, cruelty-free, paraben-free
- The scent can be a little strong, especially if you use a lot of product
- Affordable, fragrance-free, non-greasy, non-comedogenic, soothing oatmeal is good for eczema and itchy skin, great for all skin types including sensitive, oily, and dry skin
- Left behind some residue on skin
Aside from sun protection, moisturizer is arguably the most important element of any skin-care routine. “Moisturizer doesn’t just add water back into your skin, it also traps in the water you already have to plump it up and protect it,” Mona Gohara, a board-certified dermatologist at Yale University, previously told Allure. But try as we might, so often, the skin-softening process ends at our necks.
That is, until now. It’s time to heed expert advice and find the body moisturizer that’s going to make every inch of your skin happy. “Your skin absolutely needs moisturizer,” says Gohara. “Your skin is the biggest organ in your body. It’s not bloody or gutsy, but it’s still an organ, and organs need water.”
The easiest way to get the rest of your body in on the hydrating action? Slather on a luscious lotion that’s formulated specifically for dry, tired limbs. Whether you prefer a frill-free body lotion, a luxurious cream, a lightweight oil, or a rich balm, these products are guaranteed to wrap your skin below the chin in some serious TLC.
All products featured on Allure are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.